Andaman and Nicobar Islands is an Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal. Boasting approximately three hundred islands, you see white-sand beaches, palm and coconut trees, history, rich cuisine, and many water sports activities. The islands of Andaman have beaches that provide you with state-of-the-art facilities when it comes to water sports. You will be provided with the required merchandise and an instructor to help you with your requirements. Andaman activities range from snorkelling, sea walking, and scuba diving to kayaking and a host of other things. If you are an adventure enthusiast, you should be planning your next trip to Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Best Time to Visit:-
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands are tropical islands that do not face harsh winter weather. The temperature ranges from twenty degrees Celsius to thirty degrees Celsius. The weather is cool, pleasant, and comfortable. The sea breeze in the evening, and the clear blue skies in the morning, make it one of the ideal times for you to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. However, the island receives mild rainfall from November to January.
- The summer months range from April to June. The temperature ranges from twenty-four degrees Celsius to thirty-seven degrees Celsius. The vast expanse of the turquoise blue water, the white sands – this is the perfect time for you to indulge in all kinds of water sports activities. There is hardly any rainfall during this time of the year. So, you can try diving, jet skiing, parasailing, and many more activities without any worry. The average relative humidity on the island is around eighty percent during these times, so you can enjoy it to your heart’s content.
- Monsoon in the islands ranges from July to September. The islands receive torrential rainfall during this season. High tides are a characteristic feature of this season. You won’t find it suitable to participate in any activity during this time.
Eight Water Sports Activities You Have to Enjoy in Andaman:-
- Snorkelling: This water sport has become a regular feature in all Andaman packages. The tropical waters of Andaman provide you with the most extensive coral reefs, exotic marine life, and an experience you cannot forget. For one person, the price ranges from five hundred to one thousand. Andaman and Nicobar Islands have five prominent spots that offer you the best snorkelling experience – Havelock Islands, Red Skin Island, Jolly Buoy, Neil Island, and North Bay Island. Elephant Beach on Havelock Island has the best facilities for snorkelling. You can be a beginner and yet enjoy snorkelling to the best.
Kayaking: Not many places in Andaman offer you the opportunity to go kayaking. But, you cannot miss kayaking on Baratang Island. Baratang islands are famous for mangrove trees, tidal swamps, and creeks. You will have the most wonderful experience kayaking amongst the mangrove roots and tidal waters.
- Banana Boat Rides: A new introduction to the various Andaman activities, many tourists are trying out the banana boat rides. Here, a boat shaped like a banana takes six passengers out in the water. This boat is tied to a speed boat, which gives the banana boat massive momentum. Havelock Island and Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex provide the best banana ride experience.
- Sea Walking: If you are not very comfortable with snorkelling or scuba diving but would love to experience the underwater, sea walking is the best option. You can walk on the sea bed among scores of fishes and touch the breathtaking coral reefs. North Bay Island and Havelock Island are popular spots where you can go for sea walking.
Scuba Diving: Undoubtedly, this is one of the most exciting adventures that Andaman and Nicobar offer. You do not have to know about swimming for scuba diving. Neil Island, Chidiya Tapu, North Bay Island, and Havelock Island are places where you can go scuba diving.
- Glass Bottom Boating: You can witness the vast marine life ecosystem inside a boat covered with glass. You have instructors who tell you about the several aquatic animals and plants you will encounter. This is a better adventure for anyone who is not comfortable in any of the exhilarating activities. North Bay Beach has exclusive glass bottom rides.
Parasailing: This gives you the thrill of both the water and air. A canopy remains tied behind the motor boat. This drags you through the air and makes you glide along the water simultaneously. You can catch a panoramic view of the islands. Elephant Beach and North Bay Beach have trained professional and modern equipment for parasailing.
- Jet Skiing: Sitting in a jet ski, as you glide through the water and the cool wind brushes against your face – you have one of the best experiences of your life. Accomplished experts at Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex will help you get acquainted with the equipment before you start your adventure.
So, plan your next trip to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands without further ado!