If you have been planning a trip to the southern states of the country, then Kerala is the first you should be making your plans. Rightly known as God’s Own Country, Kerala has all the ingredients that make it the perfect place for you to visit. Flanked by the Western Ghats and the Arabian Sea, Kerala is a heaven for nature’s paradise. Kerala has tea plantations, rolling valleys, lofty mountains, and backwaters. If you are interested to go to Kerala, then you can look for Kerala tour packages. Munnar, Alleppey and Cochin, are among the many other cities that you have to visit when you are in Kerala. The state is well-facilitated by both rail and air. Hence, travelling from any part of the country does not pose to be a problem.
Ideal Time to Visit Kerala:-
Kerala is a state that can be visited in any time of the year. There isn’t any specific season, when the state is in an ideal condition to visit. But, different locations in Kerala are suitable during different times of the year for the perfect Kerala holidays. A breakup of the seasons is given below:-
- March to May: It is only during this summer time that you can avoid visiting Kerala. The temperatures are too high, ranging from twenty-nine degrees Celsius to thirty- eight degrees. It is extremely hot both in the day and night, making it almost impossible for the tourists to go around the cities.
- June to August: In the monsoon months, Kerala takes on an ethereal look. The state receives a large quantity of rainfall, which makes the forests look lush green and aesthetic. Although, the humidity can be a turn out to be problem as it does not allow tourists to go out for long times. Festivals like Aranmula Snake Boat Race and Onam take place during this season.
- October to February: These winter months, are without doubt, the perfect time to visit the state. It is just after the offset of monsoon. Hence, the humidity drops and the valley and rolling mountains are still lush green.
Places You Should See When You are in Kerala:-
- Alleppey: September to Mid-May is the ideal season when you can visit Alleppey. This has been a regular destination in all Kerala tour packages without fail. If you are in Kerala, then you cannot miss visiting Alleppey, which is most famous for its backwaters. You can find several houseboats in these waters. The houseboats range from extremely luxurious to medium-range ones. According to your feasibility, you can have the perfect houseboat vacation that you have been dreaming of! The countryside is characteristic of small paddy fields, lilies, several kinds of fishes, and innumerable coconut grooves. The local food which you get in Alleppey will leave you wanting for more. The Snake Boat Race, which is held in the backwaters of Alleppey in August or September, is one that you cannot afford to miss. Hence, Alleppey is right known as the Venice of the East.
- Munnar: Also sometimes referred to as the paradise of tea plantation in South India, Munnar is among the most beautiful hill stations that you will come across. Munnar is characteristic of rolling hills where tea is grown. An approximate of 80,000 miles of tea plantation is found in Munnar. The Tata Tea Museum is one of the places you can visit in Munnar, if you are interested to learn more about the plantation and cultivation process. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, is an ideal place for all the animal-lovers. Kundala Lake, Mattupetty Dam, Attukad Waterfalls, are among the other locations which you must visit when you are in Kerala. October to March is the most ideal time for you to visit this quaint hill station.
- Thekkady: If you are an animal lover or an enthusiast to see wildlife sanctuaries, Thekkady is the most ideal place for you. Flanked by the Western Ghats, Thekkady has an abundance of lush green forests. These forests have become home to several animals. The Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, located beside the Periyar Lake, is here. Periyar is among the twenty-seven tiger reserves scattered all around the country. Along with tigers, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is home to various species of birds, sambars, gaurs, elephants and fauna. November to early-May is the ideal time to visit Thekkady.
- Kovalam: Kovalam is known for its several coconut tree lined beaches. It is located south of Thiruvananthapuram. The Light House on the Kovalam Beach, is a major tourist attraction. The Hawa beach in Kovalam is also one that is a must-visit.
Whenever you plan your Kerala holidays, do not forget to visit these beautiful destinations!