Northeast India consists of eight states – Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura. Situated in the easternmost region of India, this region is rich in history, culture, food, wildlife, and natural beauty. Among all the states, Sikkim and Meghalaya draw the most tourists. But, if you are someone who would love to spend their time in the lap of nature, then each of the states in the northeast has something to offer you. Our northeast India tour packages cover the best of each state and give you the experience of a lifetime.
Highlights of Each State:-
- Assam: This state is known for its tea plantations, rich cuisine, and wildlife. Guwahati’s highly developed capital city is home to silk bazaars and temples. The famous temple, Kamakhya, located on a hilltop, is visited by several pilgrims yearly. The Brahmaputra river flowing through the state makes its countryside look even more beautiful. The Kaziranga National Park is the leading site of interest for nature enthusiasts. The famous one-horned rhinoceros resides here, along with several other animals.
- Sikkim: Bordered by Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet, Sikkim is home to the highest peak in the country, Kangchenjunga. Buddhist monasteries, alpine trees, glacial lakes, glaciers, and snow-clad mountains – all of these define the beauty of Sikkim. Gangtok, Yumthang Valley, Pelling, Zero Point, Gurudongmar Lake, and Kala Patthar is among the sites you cannot miss visiting when you are in Sikkim.
- Nagaland: This is a mountainous state rich in culture and wildlife. It is home to several tribes who have retained their indigenous culture. The state played a significant role during the Second World War, and memorials like the Kohima War Cemetery and Nagaland State Museum are worth visiting.
- Meghalaya: Meaning the “abode of clouds,” Meghalaya is known for its stunning natural beauty and gorgeous waterfalls. Bordered by the Khasi and Jaintia Hills, Cherrapunji and Mawsinram are among the most visited places in Meghalaya. The living root bridges are also great attractions.
- Manipur: Manipur is famous for its mountain ranges, dense vegetation, hospitable people, and rich culture in the form of its food, dance, music, and festivals. The Keibul Lamjao National Park and Kangla Fort are the locations you cannot miss visiting.
- Tripura is a hilly mountainous state that is home to several tribal groups and history. The Ujjayanta Palace, Gedu Mia Mosque, and Neermahal Summer Palace are among the cultural sites that should be a must in your itinerary in Tripura.
- Arunachal Pradesh: The state is home to several wild and exotic kinds of birds, animals, and flowers. The Buddhist monasteries found here are significant sites of attraction.
- Mizoram: The state derives its name from the indigenous inhabitants. The Vantawng Falls and the Phawngpui National Park are major tourist attractions.
Our northeast India tour packages offer you the best of the northeast and give you the experience of your lifetime.